Programs and Events
View the "What the Health" calendar for upcoming scheduled events for the semester.
LGBTQ Dinner Club
Join us once a month for the LGBTQ Dinner Club. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, share stories and build a stronger community with other LGBTQ individuals at UB. The LGBTQ Dinner Club meets at Greiner Hall C134 (North Campus) from 6 pm - 8 pm.
Fall 2015 Dates:
- Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015
The groups meet outside of scheduled meeting times as well. All of our events will be listed on our UBLinked and Facebook pages.
- LGBTQ Students of Color Group - The LGBTQ Students of Color Group is an opportunity for students of color who identify with the LGBTQ to build social support and connections with each other. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15 pm. Fall 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 9/2, 9/16, 10/7, 10/28, 11/11 and 12/2.
- Queer Women's Group - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as women to build connections and community with women across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 6:30 - 7:45 pm. Fall 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 9/2, 9/16, 10/7, 10/28, 11/11 and 12/2.
- Queer Men's Group - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as men to build connections and community with men across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15 pm. Fall 2015 dates: Thursdays, 9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/19, 11/5 and 12/3.
- Bi, Pan & Queer Sexualities Meet Up - This chat group is for UB students whose sexual orientations fall within the bisexual, pansexual and queer identities. We provide an affirming space to build community and collectively address both the joys and the struggles of sexuality diversity at UB and in Buffalo. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 6:30 - 7:15 pm. Fall 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 9/9, 9/30, 10/21, 11/4 and 11/18.
- Trans Advocacy Group - This group meets to provide connections and community for trans people at UB to and to engage in advocacy for the trans community at UB. This is a closed group for people at UB who identify as part of the trans community. This group meets in 114 Student Union (time TBA). Fall 2015 dates: TBA
- Asexual Community Conversations - In Fall 2014, 13% of incoming students Identified themselves as asexual. *This group is for students who identify within the asexual identity spectrum to meet up, socializing and talk about their experiences. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15 pm. Fall 2015 dates: Tuesdays, 9/29, 10/20 and 12/1.
*2014 AlcoholEDU Survey, University at Buffalo
Friday, May 6, 2016
3 - 5 pm
The Lavender Reception is an annual event in May that honors the academic achievements of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Ally (LGBTQA) graduating undergraduate and graduate students. We encourage everyone to attend. For more information, or to register online, visit the Lavender Reception page.
2011 Buffalo Pride Parade
Buffalo Pride Parade
Sunday, June 8, 2016
UB celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month by marching in the annual Buffalo Pride Parade. The parade happens every year on the first Sunday in June. Any and all students, faculty, staff, alumni and their friends and family are welcome and encouraged to march with the UB group. Our participation in the parade not only celebrates the LGBTQ community members at UB, but also sends out a message to the Western New York community that everyone is welcome at UB.
For additional information about the events listed above or to get involved with any of these events, please email.