Programs and Events
View the "What the Health" calendar for upcoming scheduled events for the semester.
LGBTQ Dinner Club
Join us once a month for the LGBTQ Dinner Club. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, share stories and build a stronger community with other LGBTQ individuals at UB. The LGBTQ Dinner Club meets at Greiner Hall C134 (North Campus) from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
Spring 2015 Dates:
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- Queer Women's Group - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as women to build connections and community with women across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15 pm. Spring 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 4/1, 4/15 and 4/29.
- LGBTQ Students of Color Group - The LGBTQ Students of Color Group is an opportunity for students of color who identify with the LGBTQ to build social support and connections with each other. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 6:30 - 7:45 pm. Spring 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 4/1, 4/15, and 4/29.
- Queer Men's Group - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as men to build connections and community with men across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 7 - 8:15 pm. Spring 2015 dates: Thursdays, 2/12, 2/26, 3/12, 3/26, 4/9, and 4/23.
- Fluidity Sexualities Meet Up - This chat group is for UB students whose sexualities fall outside of the gay/lesbian and heterosexual binary. We provide an affirming space to build community and collectively address both the joys and the struggles of sexuality diversity at UB and in Buffalo. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 5-6:15 pm. Spring 2015 dates: Wednesdays, 2/25, 3/25 and 4/22.
Transgeneration Support Group
Transgeneration, hosted by and at the Pride Center of WNY, is a support group for individuals that identify as transgender, transsexual, gender-queer or for those individuals who have questions about gender identity and expression. The group provides a safe space to meet for mutual support, friendship, social activities and to promote the exploration of gender in a positive and affirming environment. Contact the Pride Center of WNY for more information: 716-852-7743. Meetings are held the the 1st Tuesday of each month at Spot Coffee, 227 Delaware Ave., Buffalo, NY 14202 and the 3rd Thursday of each month at Pride Center of WNY, 200 S. Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY 14201.
Friday, May 1, 2015
3 - 5 pm
210 Student Union
The Lavender Reception is an annual event in May that honors the academic achievements of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Ally (LGBTQA) graduating undergraduate and graduate students. We encourage everyone to attend. For more information, or to register online, visit the Lavender Reception page.
2011 Buffalo Pride Parade
Buffalo Pride Parade
Sunday, June 7, 2015
UB celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month by marching in the annual Buffalo Pride Parade. The parade happens every year on the first Sunday in June. Any and all students, faculty, staff, alumni and their friends and family are welcome and encouraged to march with the UB group. Our participation in the parade not only celebrates the LGBTQ community members at UB, but also sends out a message to the Western New York community that everyone is welcome at UB.
For additional information about the events listed above or to get involved with any of these events, please email.