Programs and Events
View the "What the Health" calendar for upcoming scheduled events for the semester.
LGBTQ Dinner Club
Join us once a month for the LGBTQ Dinner Club. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, share stories, enjoy a delicious meal and build a stronger community with other LGBTQ individuals at UB. The LGBTQ Dinner Club meets at Greiner Hall C134 (North Campus) from 6 pm - 8 pm.
Please confirm your attendance to ensure we have enough food for everyone. To RSVP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2016 Dates:
- Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- Thursday, April 14, 2016
The groups meet outside of scheduled meeting times as well. All of our events will be listed on our UBLinked and Facebook pages.
- LGBTQ Students of Color Group - The LGBTQ Students of Color Group is an opportunity for students of color who identify with the LGBTQ to build social support and connections with each other. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15pm. Spring 2016 Dates: Thurs., 2/4, 2/25, 3/10, 3/31, 4/7, 4/28.
- Queer Women's Group - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as women to build connections and community with women across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15pm. Spring 2016 dates: Tues., 1/26, 2/9, 2/23, 3/8, 3/22, 4/5, 4/19, 5/3.
- Queer Men's Meet Up - A student group for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as men to build connections and community with men across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. Group meetings will be held in 114 Student Union from 5 - 6:15pm Spring 2016 Dates: Wed., 2/3, 2/17, 3/2, 3/23, 4/6, 4/20, 5/4.
- Bi, Pan & Queer Sexualities Meet Up - This chat group is for UB students whose sexual orientations fall within the bisexual, pansexual and queer identities. We provide an affirming space to build community and collectively address both the joys and the struggles of sexuality diversity at UB and in Buffalo. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 6:30 - 7:45 pm. Spring 2016 Dates: Tues., 1/26, 2/9, 2/23, 3/8, 3/22, 4/5, 4/19, 5/3.
- Trans Advocacy Group Lunch - This group meets to provide connections and community for trans, gender queer, and/or gender non-conforming people at UB. Grab your lunch and come to engage in conversations about community and advocacy for diverse gender inclusion at UB. This is a closed group for people at UB who identify as part of the trans, gender queer, and/or gender nonconforming communities. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 12 - 1:30pm. Spring 2016 Dates: Mon., 2/15, 2/29, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18, 5/2.
- Asexual Community Lunch Conversations - This bring-your-own lunch group is for students who identify within the asexual Identity spectrum to meet up, socialize and talk about their experiences. This group meets in 114 Student Union from 12 - 1:30pm. Spring 2016 dates: Fri., 2/12, 2/26, 3/11, 3/25, 4/8, 4/22.
*2014 AlcoholEDU Survey, University at Buffalo
Love and Support Day
Thursday, February 11, 2016
11 am - 2 pm
Student Union Lobby
Love and Support Day is about loving yourself and others. Join us for games, crafts and more as we celebrate everything that makes us unique as individuals and strong as a community. For more information, visit the Student Survivor Advocacy Alliance page.
Friday, May 6, 2016
3 - 5 pm
145 Student Union
The Lavender Reception is an annual event that honors the academic achievements of graduating undergraduate and graduate students that identify with the LGBTQ community. All students, faculty, staff, family and friends are welcome to attend. Graduating students that wish to be recognized will need to register online via the Lavender Reception page.
2011 Buffalo Pride Parade
Buffalo Pride Parade
Sunday, June 5, 2016
Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo
UB celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month by marching in the annual Buffalo Pride Parade. Any and all students, faculty, staff, alumni and their friends and family are welcome and encouraged to march with the UB group.
For additional information about the events listed above or to get involved with any of these events, please email.