Programs and Events
View the "What the Health" calendar for upcoming scheduled events for the semester.
LGBTQ Dinner Club
Join us once a month for the LGBTQ Dinner Club. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, share stories and build a stronger community with other LGBTQ individuals at UB. The LGBTQ Dinner Club meets at Greiner Hall C134 (North Campus) from 6 pm - 8 pm.
Spring 2014 Dates:
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Wellness Education Services opens its doors from 5 - 8 pm every Wednesday for ClubQ@WES. ClubQ@WES is a space for LGBTQ students to socialize, network, join in on a variety of chat groups, and find community and resources. We are located in 114 Student Union; come by and see us soon! Email email@example.com for more information or with any questions. Spring 2014 dates: every Wednesday, 1/29/14 - 5/7/14 (except 2/12, 3/12, 3/19, 4/9).
Please join us for any or all of our Meet Up groups for LGBTQ campus community members. Our Meet Ups take place in Wellness Education Services (114 Student Union) from 5 - 6:30 pm, unless otherwise indicated below or as a result of students deciding to meet off campus or attend an event together:
- LGBTQ Women's Meet Up - A causal meet up for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as women to build connections and community with women across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. This group meets 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, 4/2, 4/16, 4/30/14 at 6:30 pm during the Spring semester.
- Fluidity Sexualities Group - This chat group is for UB students whose sexualities fall outside of the gay/lesbian and heterosexual binary. We provide an affirming space to build community and collectively address both the joys and the struggles of sexuality diversity at UB and in Buffalo. This group meets 2/26/14 & 4/23/14 during the Spring semester.
- LGBTQ People of Color Meet Up - The LGBTQ Students of Color Meet Up is an opportunity for students of color who identify with the LGBTQ to build social support and connections with each other LGBTQ students of color. This group meets 2/5, 3/5, 4/2/14 during the Spring semester.
- LGBTQ Men's Meet Up - A causal meet up for members of the UB LGBTQ community who identify as men to build connections and community with men across the LGBTQ spectrum at UB. This group meets 2/19, 3/26, 4/16/14 during the Spring semester.
- LGBTQ Graduate and Professional Students' Meet Up - A meet up to socialize specifically for graduate and professional students who identify with the LBGTQ community at UB. This group meets on 2/21/2014 at 7:30 pm, Spot Coffee on Chipepewa and on 4/11/14, location TBA for the Spring semester.
Transgeneration Support Group
Transgeneration, hosted by and at the Pride Center of WNY, is a support group for individuals that identify as transgender, transsexual, gender-queer or for those individuals who have questions about gender identity and expression. The group provides a safe space to meet for mutual support, friendship, social activities and to promote the exploration of gender in a positive and affirming environment. Contact the Pride Center of WNY for more information: 716-852-7743. Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month.
Coming Out Week
In conjunction with National Coming Out Day, Coming Out Week at UB celebrates the LGBTQ community at UB and encourages students to be their authentic selves. Events such as coming out workshops, drags shows, film discussions provide for a wide range of opportunities for the UB campus community to learn more about and connect with the UB LGBTQ community.
Transgender Day of Remembrance
Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR) is an international event to memorialize those killed in acts of anti-transgender bias. TDoR started in 1998 in honor of Rita Hester as the "Remembering Our Dead” project, Transgender Day of Remembrance has flowered into a worldwide phenomenon. A Transgender Day of Remembrance Memorial program is held each year in downtown Buffalo and we encourage all LGBTQ and Ally students to attend.
The Lavender Reception is an annual event in April that honors the academic achievements of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Ally (LGBTQA) graduating undergraduate and graduate students. We encourage everyone to attend.
2011 Buffalo Pride Parade
Buffalo Pride Parade
UB celebrates LGBTQ Pride Month by marching in the annual Buffalo Pride Parade. The parade happens every year on the first Sunday in June. Any and all students, faculty, staff, alumni and their friends and family are welcome and encouraged to march with the UB group. Our participation in the parade not only celebrates the LGBTQ community members at UB, but also sends out a message to the Western New York community that everyone is welcome at UB.
For additional information about the events listed above or to get involved with any of these events, please email.